Welcome to the Christian Carnival, CCXLV, which a handy Roman numeral converter tells me means 245! Wow, I should learn Roman some day.
Before I get right to the posts, I want to thank you all for the honor of hosting the Christian Carnival here at my little site. I’ve participated, off and on (mostly off), in the Carnival since 2004, but this is my first time hosting. So, today I’m very pleased to present the following submissions, in no particular order:
- Always a good read, Free Money Finance presents “The Economic Earthquake of 2008: Implications, Vulnerabilities, and Aftershocks.” This is an interesting read for a brief overview of our nation’s debt crisis. FMF covers words from Crown Ministries on the economic crisis.
- Jennifer in OR presents Looking up the Exhaust Pipe posted at Diary of 1.
- Minister Mamie L. Pack presents Is he on the roof? posted at The Life I Now Live. I loved this honest and introspective post.
- Michael presents The Many Ways We Disobey posted at Chasing the Wind. When God asks us to do something, we don’t always obey. How do we disobey? Look at Saul in 1 Samuel 13-15 to see how he goes through the motions but God knows his heart is not right.
- Jeff presents Word of Faith: The Demotion of God posted at ReturningKing.com. “This is part 4 of an ongoing series, “Wolves in Wool: Creeps in The Church”, a study on false teachers and false doctrines which are permeating Christianity today. This study will be updated weekly, so be sure to subscribe for updates.”
- ChrisB presents Conservatives and the Least of These posted at Homeward Bound. ” We know the Bible commands us to take care of the “the least of these.” Shouldn’t we, then, support efforts to create federal social programs to provide money and other necessities to the less fortunate? No.”
- Tiffany Partin presents The Proof Is In The Pictures posted at Fathom Deep: Sounding the Depths of God.
- Sue presents Lead us not into temptation… posted at Abstractions.
- Ronnica at Tale of a Kansas Girl presents An Appeal to Sensible Voting. “So many Americans choose to vote based on what is best for themselves. Why not choose whom we vote for based on our ideals?” Amen, Ronnica.
- ChristianPF presents Tithing in the new testament posted at Christian Personal Finance Blog.
- Lincoln Adams of the Habitation of Justice presents Why Obama Will Win – Hint: It’s Real Wrath of God Type Stuff. A great read, I must say. A scarily realistic prediction.
- Claudia presents A Floating Life posted at Standing Straight. What does a leaf floating downstream have to do with “chaos theory”? It is amazing what an astronomical number of seemingly random events and can change or modify not only weather, and biology, but human spiritual outcomes.
- Rodney Olsen presents Romancing your spouse posted at RodneyOlsen.net.
- Jeremy Pierce presents Blomberg on Plantinga posted at Parableman. This post corrects a misimpression of Christian philosopher Alvin Plantinga’s views on arguments for the existence of God.
- Weekend Fisher of Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength presents Whose Sins are the Worst? Weekend Fisher relays something a pastor once taught her that has been a blessing ever since.
And that wraps it up for this week! Some great reads. Unfortunately, a crazy week at work prevented me from submitting my own post this week, and also weighed in on the time it would take to properly categorize the postings. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your Christian Carnival!